Immigration Law

Passionately Fighting for Your Immigration Rights

Immigration law is an often complex area of law that is constantly changing as state and federal laws and regulations are modified. Attorney Judith Montgomery is a product of immigration, and is passionate about helping to protect the rights of those who are looking to achieve the American Dream. Whether that means seeking citizenship, attaining a Visa, or going through any other immigration-related case, we are here for you.

Family Visas

This visa is available for an alien who intends to marry a U.S. citizen and comes to live in the U.S. while planning the wedding ceremony. Certain requirements must be met: The alien fiancé must pass a medical examination at the U.S. consular office abroad. Once the U.S. consular office has granted the visa, the alien must travel to the U.S. within 180 days. Once the alien fiancé has entered the U.S. with a K-1 visa, he or she must actually marry the U.S. intended within 90 days and then must submit an entire package for adjustment of status (Green Card) based upon marriage to the same U.S. citizen who signed the K-1 Petition.

K-2 Visa

This visa is for the children of the alien receiving the K-1 visa (intending stepchildren). The K-2 visa depends upon the K-1 holder (parent) complying with all requirements.

K-3 Spouse Visa

This visa is for an alien who is already married to a U.S. citizen and comes to live with their spouse in the U.S. The U.S. citizen spouse must first file an I-130 Petition for the foreign spouse. The K-3 visa allows the alien spouse to live in the U.S. while the I-130 Petition is being processed.

K-4 Visa

This visa is for the children of the alien receiving the K-3 visa (stepchildren). The K-4 visa depends upon the K-3 holder (parent) complying with all requirements.

Work Visas

B-1 Business Visitor

Business visitors can travel to the United States for up to 6 months for business trips. The use of this visa is restricted and does not permit a person to be employed or paid for services provided in the United States.

E-1 Treaty-Trader

This visa is for nationals of countries who have entered into treaties with the United States and are coming to the United States to carry on substantial trade principally between the United States and the treaty country.

E-2 Treaty-Investor

This visa is for nationals of a treaty country engaging in investment in the United States who have invested, or are in the process of investing, substantial capital in a real and operating commercial enterprise. The investor must also develop and direct the enterprise.


This visa is for foreign workers in specialty occupations whose work requires a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a specific specialty occupation. A U.S. employer using this program must guarantee that (1) the foreign-born professional will be paid at or above the rate paid for a similar position at the employer’s own offices; (2) the foreign worker will not adversely affect the working conditions of his U.S. colleagues; (3) U.S. colleagues will be given notice of the foreign worker’s presence among them; and (4) there is no strike or lockout at the worksite.

Costs for Immigration Cases

The fees for your immigration case will be provided during your consultation. This is necessary because the USCIS changes their fees on a regular basis, and we base our costs off of their current price list. Please contact us to set up a consultation today.